Advancing Child and Family Policy through Research
2011 Conference31 Jan - 1 Feb 2011
Finkel Lecture Theatre, ANU
Sponsored by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations and the Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- Provide a forum for discussion of Australian and U.S. initiatives to advance child and family policy through research.
- Discuss and analyse similar policy priorities facing Australia and the United States.
- Identify cross-national commonalities and differences for advancing child and family policies through research.
- Examine strengths and weakness of existing data sources on children and families and assess the implications for policy formulation.
- Improve best practices for transforming research findings into implementable policies.
- Strengthen cross-national links among educators, policy-makers and researchers in US and Australia.
- Provide educational opportunity for next generation of child and family policy scholars (e.g. undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior faculty) to engage with senior scholars and policy makers on contemporary research topics in child and family policy.
- Harris and Lee
- Gray, Baxter and Hand
- Coley and McPherran
- Wightman and Danziger
- Haveman, Wolfe and Campbell
- Oberklaid and Goldfeld
- Ryan and Johnson
- Hewitt and Walter